Help & Advice
CPCA Growth Hub
Free 121 Support Sessions by Business Coaches.
Growth Hub connects businesses to help, support, information and funding.
Training workshops and e-learning
Support ideas to Start a Business Cambridgeshire - CPCA Growth Hub
Start-up business support - CPCA Growth Hub
The British Library Business & IP Centre
The Business & IP Centre (BIPC) Cambridgeshire & Peterborough provides free and low-cost business support and advice to start up business owners, entrepreneurs, and inventors like you.
- BIPC Local - Wisbech Library offers a space for you to
- touch down and work on your business
- access a range of business resources
- network with like-minded individuals
- scheduled events
Set up a limited company: step by step
How to set up a limited company, appoint directors and shareholders or guarantors, and register for tax.
Company Formation & Registration
Companies House is where all limited UK companies must be registered.
Telephone: 0303 1234 500
Write a Business Plan
Download free business plan templates and find help and advice on how to write your business plan.
HM Revenue and Customs
This covers the following actions:
- Being Self Employed
- Starting a New Business
- National Insurance and VAT
- Taking on Staff
- Self Assessment and Tax Returns
Do you plan to use Facebook for your business? Find tips, training and more.
Facebook and Be The Business
A programme to help SMEs in the UK to restart and recover. Free tailored advice, training and inspiration to micro and small businesses across the UK.
The Donut websites help businesses succeed with up-to-date, trustworthy resources and advice from the experts.
- www.startupdonut.co.uk - Covers all the basics a new start-up needs to know, including business planning, tax and finance issues, finding premises and taking on employees.
- https://www.marketingdonut.co.uk - Marketing Donut offers advice on all aspects of marketing and sales, including strategy, customer care, advertising and PR.
- https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business - Source of information on business and employment law, from contracts to data protection, intellectual property and property law.
- https://www.sectorsdonut.co.uk - How to start up and run more than 200 different types of business, from running a hotel to becoming a tree surgeon. Specific issues around market research, legal regulations, pricing, revenue streams, costs and staffing issues are explained for each sector.
- https://www.moneydonut.co.uk - Everything a small business needs to know about finance, accounting, pensions and insurance as well as tax
- https://www.techdonut.co.uk - Practical how-to guides, Q&As, case studies, checklists, videos, blogs, frequently asked questions, small business news, tools and special offers.
The Prince’s Trust
The Prince’s Trust specifically works with 18 to 30 year olds to turn big ideas into a business reality through their Enterprise programme. From training and mentoring support to funding and resources, they are there every step of the way.